A SOCIAL MEDIA PROJECT

Follow me on twitter @ChefNora

Thursday, December 20, 2012

NASILEMAKKUKUS.COM

When my mum told me we were going to have nasi lemak for dinner today, I wasn't too excited about it. But when we got to the place, I was like, WHOA. The place was pretty rad. They had chalkboard walls covered with doodles by customers and their announcements and menus. I fell in love with the decor.




So what separates their nasi lemak to the ones at every other hawker centre? Here they serve nasi lemak KUKUS. Nasi lemak kukus basically means that the rice has been steamed the traditional way, over water rather than in the water with a rice cooker. This was my first time trying nasi kukus so I got pretty excited when it was my turn to get my serving of rice. I opened the pot and the smell of the coconut rice is HEAVENLY. My mouth literally started to water when I took a whiff of the fresh batch rice.




They have a self-service concept where customers get their own serving of rice from a pot and dishes as well, much like nasi padang, but the best part about this place is that.. THEY OFFER FREE FLOW OF RICE (which is only $1) AND SAMBAL.







Another item on the menu to try here is the Vietnamese Coffee. My dad is in love with it and is very popular amongst the regular customers. I got my shot of the Vietnamese Coffee ( and two cups of bandung) on the house from the über friendly owner of the restaurant, Lester Ching.


Overall, NASILEMAKKUKUS.com is a great place to unwind and enjoy great food. They take into account the entire customer experience, and I sure had a great time here. So when you're craving for some nasi lemak, head down to upper thomson road, you won't regret it.

Nasi Lemak Kukus
908 Upper Thomson Road
Singapore 787111
11AM - 11PM - Tues, Wed, Thur, Sun

11AM - 2AM - Fri & Sat

1 comment:

  1. This is the first time i've heard of such a store. And free-flow rice? I think we know of someone who would love such a store. The prices are pretty cheap too. This store sounds like the perfect deal for anyone having a tight budget.
    And I think you posted this just in time. I was planning for an outing with a tight expenditure. Thanks for your timely post. ^^

    ReplyDelete